Back to news
”We had a busy quarter with the Euro 2020 as the main focus for the Group. Operator Trading Index grew with 203%. Total revenues increased with 121% to SEKm 13.9. The active user base cross our network partners have continued to grow substantially. Compared to average monthly users of the second quarter last year we experienced a growth of 302%. Strategically, we strive to optimize our marketing to support long-term growth. We use the start of major events such as Premier League, Euros or World Cup as aggressive growth-drivers.
The market leading Norwegian operator Norsk Tipping has soft-launched, in connection to the Premier League start, after the Norwegian government signing a bill allowing real money gambling on fantasy sports products for the Norwegian market. Swedish ATG is expected to launch during the coming months.
We have after the quarter ended been able to demonstrate our live sportsbook offering on Fanteam, following a two-year trial with pre-match bets. With a limited cost base, built on a scalable modular tech framework, we are able to run the sportsbook operations alongside with the core DFS offering, without adding too much additional resources. From the start, this was built to optimize the seamless offering between traditional sportsbook and Fantasy Sports, something we now have been able to start demonstrating. We received requests from external operators wanting to evaluate our full sports offering and are expecting the first full B2B sports client to be beta launched later this year.”
Extract from CEO Andreas Ternstrom’s commentary to the Interim Report.
Second quarter: April – June 2021
• Total revenues increased to SEKm 13.9 (6.3), corresponding to a growth of 121% compared to same quarter last year.
• EBITDA was SEKm -13.3 (-10.0).
• Net result was SEKm -17.0 (-17.5).
• Earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.8 (-1.0).
• Operator trading index (which illustrates the underlying client activity) increased to 3255 (1074), a growth of 203%.
• Scout Gaming signed an agreement with Interwetten
• The company launched fantasy player odds markets with Kaizen Gaming
• Scout Gaming signed an agreement with Razer Inc for Fantasy eSports
Interim period: January-June 2021
• Total revenues amounted to SEKm 27.3 (14.9).
• EBITDA amounted to SEKm -28.2 (-21,8)
• Net result amounted to SEKm -26.2 (-29.4)
• Earnings per share amounted to SEK -1.3 (-1.7)
Events after the period ended
• The board of directors of Scout Gaming Group resolved to carry out a directed share issue by way of cash payment of approximately MSEK 54 to a number of Swedish and international investors The subscription price in the Directed Share Issue is SEK 27 per share, which corresponded to the closing price of the Company’s share on Nasdaq First North Growth Market as of first of July.
The full report is attached and available on:
For additional information, please contact:
Andreas Ternström, CEO
Tel: +46 706 770 660
E-mail: [email protected]
About Scout Gaming Group
Scout Gaming Group is a licensed and regulated provider of B2B Daily Fantasy Sports, Sportsbook, Fantasy betting and other sports betting products . The company offers a flexible and customizable network-based platform with support for most sports and leagues through an in-house StatCenter which also provides real-time information to players.The Group is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden with development and operations in Bergen, Norway and Lviv, Ukraine. Scout Gaming is listed on Nasdaq First North Growth Market and the Certified Adviser is Redeye AB. Contact details: [email protected], +46 (0)8 121 576 90.