Back to news
”The Group had a stable quarter with sharply increasing revenues, led by the restart of global sports, the speed of recovery exceeded management’s expectations. The global fantasy sports market for real money gambling outside the US is although still in its infancy.
Scout Gaming’s operator index amounted to 2,421, a growth by 169% – an increasing part is related to new fantasy betting products. The total revenue base grew by 85%, compared with the previous year to SEK 15.0 million. The number of active players in our network at the end of the quarter increased by 117% compared with the previous year.
We continue to see strong prospects for the European market for sports in general and for fantasy sports in particular, we make the assessment that we have opportunities to grow the business significantly in the future.”
Extract from CEO Andreas Ternstrom’s commentary to the Interim Report.
Quarter July – September 2020
• Revenues increased to mSEK 15.0 (8.1), corresponding to a growth of 85% compared to same quarter last year
• EBITDA was mSEK -11.6 (-7.9)
• Net result was mSEK -13.4 (-9.5)
• Earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.7 (-0.7)
• Operator trading index (which illustrates the underlying client activity) increased to 2,421 (900), a growth of 169%.
• Scout Gaming conducted a heavily oversubscribed directed share issue towards international institutional investors amounting to mSEK 75, to be able to accelerate growth and product development further.
• Scout Gaming has won the EGR Award category “Fantasy Sports Supplier of the year” 2020, which was the third time in a row.
• The company widened and extended current agreement with Kaizen Gaming (Stoiximan and Betano)
• Scout Gaming entered into a license agreement with Parimatch, the market leading operator in the CIS region.
Interim period January – September 2020
• Revenues amounted to mSEK 30.0 (15.7).
• EBITDA amounted to mSEK -33.4 (-34.6)
• Net result amounted to mSEK -40.7 (-38.9)
• Earnings per share amounted to SEK -2.3 (-2.8)
Events after the period ended
• Scout Gaming entered into an agreement with one of the market leading operators in the Balkan region, Meridianbet, which enables Meridianbet access to Scout Gaming’s full product portfolio.
The full report is attached and available on:
For additional information, please contact:
Andreas Ternström, CEO
Tel: +46 706 770 660
Billy Degerfeldt, CFO & Investor Relations
Tel: +46 707 581 668
About Scout Gaming Group
Scout Gaming Group is a licensed and regulated provider of Daily Fantasy Sports. The company offers a flexible and customizable network-based Fantasy Sports solution with support for most sports and leagues. The Group is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden with development and operations in Bergen, Norway and Lviv, Ukraine. Sales, support and product management is handled from the office in Malta. Scout Gaming is listed on Nasdaq First North Growth Market and the Certified Adviser is Redeye AB. Contact details: Certifiedadviser@redeye.se, +46 (0)8 121 576 90.
This information is information that Scout Gaming Group AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 08.00 CET on 18 November 2020.