DEVOPS ENGINEER, Bergen / Lviv
A little bit about us and our vision
Our ambition is to be world leading in fantasy sports and pool betting – join our journey!
Our products are primarily targeted at large international partners and customers. The fantasy sports-and pooled betting market is a rapidly growing market in Europe.
How fantasy games work: In fantasy sports, you are a manager for a team. Each player creates their own Fantasy team by “buying” real players (from any sport) and receives points according to how well the real players perform in the real matches/events.
Our products are already being used by millions of users, and Scout Gaming Group’s immodest ambition is to create the world`s best fantasy-and pooled betting solutions.
As a DevOps in Scout, you will be a big part of our journey towards this target.
Scout Gaming Group`s biggest advantage is a modern and solid technology. We have for example chosen to not support old browsers for the benefit of increased possibilities and higher user-friendliness. Our backend platform is built up as a modern web API for web and app clients, delivery from backend to end user works as a pure API-delivery, free of legacy and old-fashioned technology.
For the DevOps team this means we outsource what we believe others do better than us, for example Kubernetes. But in other areas, we build and maintain the whole stack, for example our PostgreSQL clusters.
We have established a very good working environment where we, among others, offer our employees flexible working hours, health-care benefits, professional courses and conferences, an option to choose equipment you need for work.
At Scout, you will meet challenges, get your own responsibility areas and get the chance to grow your own career.
Your main tasks will be
Day to day operation of our fantasy betting platform, including but not limited to:
- Maintain our GKE/Kubernetes clusters, Helm deployments and Jenkins pipelines;
- Monitoring our fantasy betting platform to prevent unexpected behavior;
- Analyse logs and trends to look for areas of improvements;
- Network operations — DNS entries, Firewalls, Traffic Routing;
- Regular follow-up and testing of database(PostgreSQL) backups/routines;
- Access and permission management;
- Timely reviews of our operating procedures, including but not limited to: Security Policy, Incident Management Response, Secure Development Policy. Propose changes to processes so we are better aligned with these;
- Maintenance of alerts, resource requests, proposing solutions for decreasing cost and increasing safety;
- Enable developers through: ad-hoc requests, offering solutions for them to be able to proceed with their work independently, teaching technology where the case: K8s, Docker, Linux, Databases.
On Call Duties:
- Personnel in the devops/sysops team share a rotation for on-call.
What you should have
- Experience with Cloud deployments. We use Google Compute Platform(GCP) — IAM, GKE, GCE, (Un)Managed Instance Groups, LBs, Storages, Logging and Monitoring;
- Experience with Kubernetes, Helm, Jenkins, Docker must have;
- Experience with Prometheus and Grafana or similar tools;
- At least basic understanding of networking, model OSI, routing, DNS, LoadBalancing, CDN and other technologies that is the foundation of communication;
- All good understanding of HTTP and REST;
- Familiar with modern automation tools and deployment principles;
- Familiar with CloudFlare;
- Excellent knowledge of Linux;
- Excellent knowledge of CI/CD and agile concepts;
- Relevant higher education within computer engineering/development, or acquired competence through work experience that can compensate for higher education;
- Be able to work alone, and in teams, and be self-driven in terms of finding areas where the team can improve.
Desirable, but not required:
- Familiar with Terraform and Ansible;
- Сertifications(GCP, CKA);
- Operational management processes (ITIL) and automation experience;
- Experience developing and managing highly available, secure, performant and dynamic infrastructures;
- Focus on security.
As a person you are
- Ambitious, solution-oriented and enthusiastic about technology
- Good collaboration skills
- Appreciates self-management and takes initiative
- Have a high implementation capacity
- Love to work with new technology and finding the optimal and innovative solutions
In Scout you will
- Be heavily involved in the development of world-leading solutions with some of the world’s largest iGaming and media companies as clients
- Get much responsibility and the opportunity to continuous professional development
- Be part of a hardworking, creative and inspiring team
- Be part of an exciting journey to build a leading provider within the sports and betting industry
- Get competitive conditions for salary, and other benefits.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, don’t hesitate to contact us.
We appreciate if you add this to your application:
- CV and/or resumé with your work experience, education and a list of former projects
If you read this job advertisement and possess other qualifications/skills, but you would like to work with us, we would be more than happy to have a chat with you. We are always looking for motivated and passionate people.
Sovyn Anya (Recruiter)
E-mail: [email protected]
Lochan Kuwal (Lead handling & Researcher)