LVIV, SENIOR BACK-END DEVELOPER
A little bit about us and our vision
Our ambition is to be world leading in fantasy sports and pool betting – join our journey!
Our products are primarily targeted at large international partners and customers. The fantasy sports-and pooled betting market is a rapidly growing market in Europe.
How fantasy games work: In fantasy sports, you are a manager for a team. Each player creates their own Fantasy team by “buying” real players (from any sport) and receives points according to how well the real players perform in the real matches/events.
Our products are already being used by millions of users, and Scout Gaming Group’s immodest ambition is to create the world`s best fantasy-and pooled betting solutions.
As a developer in Scout, you will be a big part of our journey towards this target.
Scout Gaming Group`s biggest advantage is a modern and solid technology. We have for example chosen to not support old browsers for the benefit of increased possibilities and higher user-friendliness. Our backend platform is built up as a modern web API for web and app clients, delivery from backend to end user works as a pure API-delivery, free of legacy and old-fashioned technology.
We have established a very good working environment where we, among others, offer our employees flexible working hours, health-care benefits, professional courses and conferences, an option to choose equipment you need for work.
At Scout, you will meet challenges, get your own responsibility areas and get the chance to grow your own carrier.
Your main tasks will be
- Be part of making new game concepts into a reality
- To further development and maintenance of backend for existing games
- Contribute to the system architecture and technical infrastructure
- Сode implementation according to agreed architecture
- Сonfiguration, installation and maintenance of the applications
- Communicate and plan together with our front-end developers, designers, and our Quality Assurance department
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and developments
What you should have
- 4+ years of experience with Node.js.
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices
- Experience with building solid API’s handling big loads
- Relevant higher education within computer engineering/development or acquired competence through work experience that can compensate for higher education
- The ability to find good and intuitive solutions
- Extensive experience with SQL (mainly PostgreSQL)
As a person you are
- Ambitious, solution-oriented, and enthusiastic about technology
- Good collaboration skills
- Appreciates self-management and takes initiative
- Have a high implementation capacity
- Love to work with new technology and finding the optimal and innovative solutions
In Scout you will
- Be heavily involved in the development of world-leading solutions with some of the world’s largest iGaming and media companies as clients
- Get much responsibility and the opportunity to continuous professional development
- Be part of a hardworking, creative and inspiring team
- Be part of an exciting journey to build a leading provider within the sports and betting industry
- Get competitive conditions for salary, and other benefits.
Where will you work and with whom?
These days most of our team is working from home, however our office is open for everyone preferring common office space! It’s located in the city center of Lviv, in a light and playful office space. We even have a Playstation, table football and a resting room.
In Lviv we are 55 employees:
- 10 Backend/Frontend-developers
- 3 Project Leaders
- 4 HR/Administration people
- 6 Quality Assurance Engineers
- 20 Sports Statisticians/ Analyst
- 5 Sport Traders
- 5 Customer Support Representatives
- Chief of Production
In Lviv we work with the core of our products, so you will be involved in almost everything we do. We’re a social and united team, who love what we do. We believe it should be fun to go to work! Are you in doubt whether you are qualified for the position, send us an email anyway. We don’t bite. Usually.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, don’t hesitate to contact us.
We appreciate if you add this to your application:
- Links to websites or former projects
- Github profile
- CV and/or resumé with your work experience, education and a list of former projects
If you read this job advertisement and possess other qualifications/skills than development, but you would like to work with us, we would be more than happy to have a chat with you. We are always looking for motivated and passionate people.
Oleksandr Lashch (Recruiter)
E-mail: [email protected]