BACK-END DEVELOPER, BERGEN
A little bit about us and our vision
Our ambition is to be world leading in fantasy sports and pool betting – join our journey!
Our products are primarily targeted at large international partners and customers. The fantasy sports-and pooled betting market is a rapidly growing market in Europe.
How fantasy games work: In fantasy sports, you are a manager for a team. Each player creates their own Fantasy team by “buying” real players (from any sport) and receives points according to how well the real players perform in the real matches/events.
Our products are already being used by millions of users, and Scout Gaming Group’s immodest ambition is to create the world`s best fantasy-and pooled betting solutions.
As a developer in Scout, you will be a big part of our journey towards this target.
Scout Gaming Group`s biggest advantage is a modern and solid technology. We have for example chosen to not support old browsers for the benefit of increased possibilities and higher user-friendliness. Our backend platform is built up as a modern web API for web and app clients, delivery from backend to end user works as a pure API-delivery, free of legacy and old-fashioned technology.
We have established a very good working environment where we among other offers our employees professional conferences, offer monthly massage during work hours, flexible working hours, a good lunch deal every day, pension agreement, sponsored mobile and internet subscriptions, as well as a discount arrangement for dental health.
At Scout, you will meet challenges, get your own responsibility areas and get the chance to grow your own carrier as a developer. You will get big opportunities to upgrade, further develop and create brand new concepts. You will cooperate closely with our developer, product developers, QA and designers in Bergen and Ukraine. There will also be regular possibilities to work from our offices in Lviv (Ukraine) and Malta if desired.
Your main tasks will be
- Be part of making new game concepts into a reality
- To further develop and maintain backend for existing games
- Communicate and plan together with our front-end developers, designers, and our Quality Assurance department
- Administration of databases and further development of the databases
What you should have
- Extensive experience with SQL (mainly PostgreSQL)
- Experience with building solid API’s handling big loads
- Experience with using version control (for example Git, SVN or Mercurial)
- Relevant higher education within computer engineering/development, or acquired competence through work experience that can compensate for higher education
- The ability to find good and intuitive solutions
As a person you are
- Ambitious, solution-oriented and enthusiastic about technology
- Good collaboration skills
- Appreciates self-management and takes initiative
- Have a high implementation capacity
- Love to work with new technology and finding the optimal and innovative solutions
In Scout you will
- Be heavily involved in the development of world-leading solutions with some of the world’s largest iGaming and media companies as clients
- Get much responsibility and the opportunity to continuous professional development
- Be part of a hardworking, creative and inspiring team
- Be part of an exciting journey to build a leading provider within the sports and betting industry
- Get the opportunity to attend different conferences, exhibitions, client meetings all over the world, as well as visit and work from our offices in Stockholm, Lviv, and Malta
- Get competitive conditions for salary, pension and other benefits (bonus/option program, subsidized internet and phone subscription, good lunch agreement, joint company trips and lots of social events
Where will you work and with whom?
Our office is located in Beautiful Bergen, in a light and playful office space. Short way to both the light rail and the bus stop. We even have our own “playroom” with a tribune, Playstation and a sports bar!
In Bergen we are 18 employees:
- 8 backend/frontend-developers
- Lead designer & 1 UX designer
- 1 project lead
- Chief Product Officer
- Product team
- CFO and administration/ HR
In Bergen we work with the core of our products, so you will be involved in almost everything we do. We’re a social and united team, who love what we do. We believe it should be fun to go to work! Are you in doubt whether you are qualified for the position, send us an email anyway. We don’t bite. Usually.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, don’t hesitate to contact us.
We appreciate if you add this to your application:
- Links to websites or former projects
- Github profile
- CV and/or resumé with your work experience, education and a list of former projects
If you read this job advertisement and possess other qualifications/skills than development, but you would like to work with us, we would be more than happy to have a chat with you. We are always looking for motivated and passionate people.
Andreas Sundal (CPO)
Phone: +47 40850013
Tove Nordtveit (HR)
Phone: +47 41672872